Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review: Electric Angel


Electric Angel
Electric Angel by Sue Dent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Synopsis: Because of her cancer, Anna Chadwick wouldn't live long enough to carry her twin infants to term. Yet she wanted nothing more than for them to have a chance at living. Learning one would be stillborn didn't lessen her desire. It would take a miracle....so she prayed for one. When an electrical entity arrives to take the place of her stillborn, some would reflect that prayers aren't always answered the way we'd expect them to be.

My Thoughts: This is a very interesting book, with a very imaginative premise – a young woman, with terminal cancer, desperately prays for a miracle to save the lives of the twins she is pregnant with – and that prayer is answered. This is about the extent to which this piece of speculative fiction could be called Christian, as there are no other major mentions of Christianity or God in the book. The characters are fascinating and are developed fairly well, although this is a quick book that focuses more on the action than the characters. I read it within about 4 ½ hours, and that was with frequent stops to fuss over the cats. I think most people would enjoy this book, so definitely check it out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.