Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Cassandra French's Finishing School for Boys


Cassandra French's Finishing School for Boys
Cassandra French's Finishing School for Boys by Eric Garcia

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Please note: This review written and posted 9/11/07 on Amazon; this is my review and I am able to cross-post it as I choose.

My Synopsis: Cassandra French - Cassie Bear to her mother - works as a counsel in business affairs in a movie studio in LA. Her best friends - Claire and Lexi - often go with her out on the town where they try to find the perfect boy for the evening. Oh, and by the way, Cassie has three young men chained up in her basement while she puts them through her Finishing School to be the perfect men.

My Thoughts: Written in the form of a journal, Cassie comes across as delightfully amoral and at the same time self-deprecating. She does not at all feel that what she is doing is wrong and, in fact, feels that she is doing the men and the world a huge favor. Of course, when she takes an opportunity and adds a movie star - Jason Kelly - to the School, things become decidedly more complicated.

I loved Garcia's Dinosaur Mafia books, and this book is again a great bit of fiction - romantic comedy, maybe? It is hard to decide exactly what genre it fits into. At any rate, I strongly recommend it for anyone who likes a good laugh - it's a riot.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.