Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review: Panty Raid @ Zombie High


Panty Raid @ Zombie High
Panty Raid @ Zombie High by Rusty Fischer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Horror Parody Reading Level: Young Adult

Disclosure: I picked up a copy while it was free on Amazon and am happy to provide an honest review.

Synopsis: Toby’s best friend, and unrequited love, Molly Harper has gone missing. Molly’s boyfriend, “Spud,” thinks he knows where she’s been taken: the mysterious Zombie High, where Spud’s father just happens to be in charge of the top-secret medical facility famous for its work rehabilitating teenage zombies.

Armed with blueprints, passwords, keys and codes, Spud and Toby are ready to make an all-out assault on Zombie High and rescue their fair Molly. There’s just one problem: Toby and Spud are the biggest wimps at Cypress Cove High and need some muscle along for the ride in case any of the zombies get loose.

That’s where Boner and Zack come in. Two of the football team’s biggest players, the jocks are easily conned into joining Spud and Toby on their fictional “panty raid” the minute Spud calls them “chicken” for not accepting his challenge to spend the night at Zombie High.

When Zack and Boner show up to accept the challenge, however, they don’t come alone; they bring their two girlfriends, Lilac and Haley, along for the ride. With events spiraling out of control and zombies lurking around every corner, will Toby and Spud even survive their night at Zombie High, let alone rescue Molly?

My Thoughts: The interesting thing about Fischer’s books, at least the ones I’ve read so far, is that they all seem to be in the same ‘universe’. I’m sure he has other books set in other places, but I’m discussing his horror/monster parody books, like the ones I’ve read recently: Ushers, Inc. and Vamplayers.

This book, despite the title, is not nearly as humorous as the previous ones I’ve read, but it’s just as well-written and fun to read, and should especially be so for fans of the zombie genre. It twists the stereotypes a bit, just like all of his books so far, but also provides reasonable explanations for the twists he makes.

I definitely recommend this author for anyone who enjoys a good monster book that is willing to not take itself so seriously. Good stuff!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.