Friday, October 12, 2012

Review: Doors to Eternity


Doors to Eternity
Doors to Eternity by Scott Rhine

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Disclosure: I edited this book. I do not receive remuneration based upon sales, nor does that fact alter my opinion of this as an excellent book.

Synopsis: Wrestling with giants, tracking evil spirits, and starting a blood feud with heretic wizards—it’s just another day of searching for truth. An epic sword and sorcery mosaic in the style of A Game of Thrones or the Belgariad.

Tashi the sheriff is one of the last priests of the Traveler. Avoiding the Brotherhood of Executioners, he visits ancient temples in order to close the Doors to Eternity—the places where magic creeps into our world. Something went horribly wrong when the Inner Islands erupted, something only a priest can fix. Following riddles from a dead faith and a stolen sword, his quest ignites brushfires of heresy and civil war, making new enemies with every border he crosses. All roads lead to the legendary City of the Gods.

Seasoned with humor and action, this world has been built from the coins and calendars up. Society, magic, martial arts, and even the gods follow strict codes. All the characters see themselves as the hero, even the villains. Listen and they’ll tell you why.

Tashi's quest concludes in Dreams of the Fallen: the last two temples need to be closed, and each one gets more difficult.

My Thoughts: Intricate but paced to allow the reader to get the information in bite-sized chunks, Doors to Eternity is the beginning to a story that will delight readers who enjoy epic fantasy, quest fantasy, adventure and well-written stories. The characters are colorful and well-developed, and the plot flows clearly from one point to the next. Rhine has created a world to delight readers - definitely check out this new fantasy world, get to know its colorful characters (I loved the smith, myself) and enjoy the ride!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.