Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review: The Colour Out of Space


The Colour Out of Space
The Colour Out of Space by H.P. Lovecraft

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Please note: This is part of am omnibus, [b:The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft|11851522|The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft|H.P. Lovecraft|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1327886768s/11851522.jpg|16807494], which can be found on the CthulhuChick website formatted for Nook or Kindle.
My Synopsis: A man tells the story of how a strange, desolate piece of land came to be known as the blasted heath due to the coming of a mysterious meteorite containing a strangely colored globule inside.

My Thoughts: Another masterpiece of creeping horror over the strange and unknown. Some of the descriptions might almost - almost - describe radiation poisoning, but not quite.
Lovecraft definitely knows how to build a scene, especially in these works from the height of his career. Check him out if psychological horror is your thing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.