Sunday, November 11, 2012

Review: The Tale of Liril


The Tale of Liril
The Tale of Liril by Kevis Hendrickson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Fantasy/Fairy Tale
Reading Level: Middle Grade (11 +)
Recommended for: Younger readers, those who enjoy morality tales.

Disclosure: I found this ebook available for free on Smashwords and picked it up because I like this author’s writing. I’m under no obligation. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: In a small village lives a girl with her mother and father. Anxious to buy her father a birthday gift, she goes to market. There she meets a strange old woman who promises to give her a magical reward if she goes into a dangerous forest to find her missing locket. Will Liril help the old woman? What adventures wait in store for her if she does? A girl. A dream. A gift. A magical fairy tale of a young girl who finds out that you should always be careful of what you wish for. You just might get it!

My Thoughts: A cute little fairy tale, with lessons to be learned concerning honesty, and to be careful what you wish for. While I would have liked more details – there were times when long periods would be described only briefly and a more-detailed description would have perhaps worked better – I think this is a great example of the art of a fairy tale/fable. Hendrickson has written some very different pieces and seems to be a talented writer. This is a good introduction to his style.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.