Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Review: The Richard Dary Weight-Loss Institute


The Richard Dary Weight-Loss Institute
The Richard Dary Weight-Loss Institute by Randy Attwood

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Dystopian horror
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Everyone
Trigger Warnings: Glorification of a negative body-image

Disclosure: I received this as a gift from the author. No review was requested, but I’m happy to provide one. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: The best program is the one you can't remember.

My Thoughts: Receiving a brand-new Randy Attwood story is the best way to begin a new year that I can think of! So, let me tell you a bit about it.

This book freaked me the hell out. There, I said it. I can’t tell you much about it without giving you spoilers, but the ideas that Randy expressed in this book scared the living daylights out of me. The sort of things that were done to the narrator of this story, Peggy, were inhuman. All in her attempts to fit in with modern societal standards of being thin. This made me think a little bit of the book I read earlier today, Saga of a Middle-Aged Vampire. What is it about modern society? Why are all the women expected to be anorexic-thin? It infuriates me. Healthy is one thing, but the modern goal is outright emaciation, and often extremely unhealthy methods are employed in the search for this. It actually frightens me that little girls are starving themselves to try to look like supermodels, who are (in my opinion), mostly freaks of nature.

Anyway, read this new story by Randy Attwood and see if you don’t agree with me. It’s quite short, so it won’t take you long. I think you’ll like it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.