Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review: Blood Rites


Blood Rites
Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Fans of Urban Fantasy

My Thoughts: This is the book that introduces Mouse. Not to mention what we learn about Thomas! So, lots of shockers in this one. By this point, almost everyone is introduced, at the least, and we’re just moving the plot of the series forward. I know a lot of people started to dislike the series about this point, because Harry has finally wised up and become ruthless (or at least that’s the reason with which I can come up), but I still love these books.

I really love the scene where Harry meets Murphy’s family. Really, the book is a lot about family, and what constitutes family, such as Ebenezer to Harry—heck, even Murphy to Harry. Family is as much about who you choose to have around you as it is about blood, but I imagine blood makes a huge difference. I wouldn’t actually know.

There are some huge changes by the end of this book. Can’t wait to start the next!

Disclosure: This is my book, I purchased it in hardcover and picked up a backup copy in ebook format. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: For Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, there have been worse assignments than going undercover on the set of an adult film. Dodging flaming monkey-poo for instance. Or going toe-to-leaf with a walking plant monster. Still, there's something more troubling than usual about his newest case. The film's producer believes he's the target of a sinister entropy curse-but it's the women around him who are dying, in increasingly spectacular ways.

Harry's even more frustrated because he only got involved with this bizarre mystery as a favor to Thomas, his flirtatious, self-absorbed vampire acquaintance of dubious integrity. Thomas has a personal stake in the case Harry can't quite figure out, until his investigation leads him straight to Thomas's oversexed vampire family. Harry is about to discover that Thomas's family tree has been hiding a shocking secret: a revelation that will change Harry's life forever.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.