Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: Fool Moon


Fool Moon
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Fans of urban fantasy

My Thoughts: Hexenwulf. Werewolf. Lycanthrope. Loup garou. In common, modern times, these are all used to describe the same creature, but traditionally—and in the world of the Dresden Files—these are four different creatures. One of the things I like about Butcher is he seems to have done a lot of research into the various paranormal/supernatural creatures, and incorporated that, but also twisted it just a bit to fit into his universe. I like that sort of traditionalism.

However, Harry did something very, very wrong early on in this book, when he faced the Streetwolves. What as it, you ask? I’m so happy you asked, ‘cause I might save your life someday. When faced with an angry predator, you should never, ever run away from it. You heard me right. If you run from a predator, you’ll click on its instincts, and it will chase you. This is not what you have to have happen, trust me on this one.

So, as my re-reading of the Dresden Files continues, I continue to remember exactly how much and why I have enjoyed this series. Wonderful stuff!

Disclosure: I bought these books for myself. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Business has been slow. Okay, business has been dead. And not even of the undead variety. You would think Chicago would have a little more action for the only professional wizard in the phone book. But lately, Harry Dresden hasn't been able to dredge up any kind of work�: magical or mundane

But just when it looks like he can't afford his next meal, a murder comes along that requires his particular brand of supernatural expertise.

A brutally mutilated corpse. Strange-looking paw prints. A full moon. Take three guesses, �and the first two don't count...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.