Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: Ghost Story


Ghost Story
Ghost Story by Jim Butcher

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Fans of urban fantasy, Dresden-verse

My Thoughts: This book has been driving me crazy for years now, begging me to read it. I'm so happy I finally had the chance.

I have never cried so much while reading a Dresden Files books. Seriously. I can't go into specific scenes, as that would lead to spoilers, but I will say that Mister and Mouse were involved in the ones that really set me off.

The thing is, if you haven't read the Dresden Files and I try to discuss much of anything, I'll be providing spoilers. If you have read the Dresden Files, you really don't need my encouragement to continue. This I can say: I loved the character development in this. I loved that we were given a new perspective on everyone and everything happening. And the ending? It just slayed me.

I have some idea as to what happens in the next book; my husband read it recently and as we tend to do, he read sections of it to me that amused him. He didn't tell me the ending, but I cheated and already checked it. Yeah, I'm bad. I'm very much looking forward to it. Up next: Cold Days.

Disclosure: I bought this book in hardcover using a buy-one/get-one offer from a book club. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: When we last left the mighty wizard detective Harry Dresden, he wasn't doing well. In fact, he had been murdered by an unknown assassin.

But being dead doesn't stop him when his friends are in danger. Except now he has nobody, and no magic to help him. And there are also several dark spirits roaming the Chicago shadows who owe Harry some payback of their own.

To save his friends—and his own soul—Harry will have to pull off the ultimate trick without any magic...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.