Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fiction Review: "Interview with a Vampire Hunter" by John Abramowitz

Interview with a Vampire Hunter review
Author: John Abramowitz
5 out of 5 stars

Book Info: Genre: Flash fiction—Satire of PNR
Reading Level: Any
Recommended for: Those who are sick of vampire PNR

My Thoughts: This flash fiction story is available to read free on Wattpad (just follow the link).

Not only does this fun little story make fun of paranormal romance (specifically vampire fiction), but it also throws in a little nod and a wink toward Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I'm not a fan of PNR (ParaNormal Romance), so I was really amused by this. I would love to see this expanded into a novel, or maybe even a series. We can always hope!

If you like John Abramowitz's style after reading this story, be sure to check out his excellent books Atticus for the Undead (review linked here), Identity Theft (review linked here), Weaver (review linked here) and The Void (haven't read yet), available in all the normal places.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this story from the author in exchange for a review/feedback. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: According to the author, this is a Cabin in the Woods-type deconstruction of paranormal romance.

It's paranormal romance gone wrong as jaded investigator Fiona Christensen is called to a local high school to investigate a young woman's murder. The principal's suspicion? The crime was committed by a vampire passing himself off as a student... or maybe even as a teacher. But at this school, everyone's got secrets--including Fiona herself!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting. I'm in the mood for something outside the box. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.