Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review: Back In Black


Back In Black
Back In Black by John G. Hartness

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of Urban Fantasy looking for something lighthearted
Trigger Warnings: violence, killing, homophobia

My Thoughts: Another great story in this fun UF series, in which we meet some new creatures (fairies, trolls, dragons) and find out how to make vampires sparkle (fairy blood, who'da thunk it?). I was a bit perturbed to already find a continuity error, in that the first book specifically stated they were able to see themselves in the mirror, while in this one they cannot, but overall the editing was better. Not perfect, but better.

Fans of more lighthearted UF should enjoy this series, which I am enjoying reading a great deal.

Series Information: Back in Black is the second book in the Black Knight Chronicles.
Book 1: Hard Day's Knight, review linked here where formatting allowed
Novella 1: Movie Knight
Book 3: Knight Moves
Novella 2: Black Magic Woman
There is also a book of short stories called Knight (un)Life - Black Knight Shorts Vol. 1, which I do not currently have. He has a number of other books, including his Bubba Monster Hunter books, a number of which I currently have as well.

Disclosure: I bought this book for myself (yes, I paid cash MONEY for this one). Later I saw it on NetGalley and added it there, since I planned to read it anyway. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: In the second volume of The Black Knight Chronicles, vampire detectives Jimmy Black and Greg Knightwood investigate a series of assaults plaguing the alleys of Charlotte. Along the way they battle trolls, bigotry, fairies, dragons and small minds on the way to a knock-down battle royal inside a steel cage. The boys find themselves fighting evil in alleys, trolls in bars, dragons in FairyLand, and trying to scrub the sparkle off after a battle with vicious Fae in the hall of the Fairy Queen.

Yeah, really. All that and vampires, too.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.