Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy


Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy
Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy by Jeff Gunhus

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Fantasy
Reading Level: MG
Recommended for: EVERYBODY OMG!!!
Trigger Warnings: violence, fighting

My Thoughts: This is the second book in the Jack Templar, Monster Hunter series, following Jack Templar, Monster Hunter, which I read and reviewed in February, 2013 (linked where formatting allowed). Book three will be called Jack Templar and the Lord of the Vampires and I can't wait!

Holy cow, this book was amazing, just amazing! I seriously became all choked up before the final fight scene when everyone was turning to everyone else and saying “The honor was all mine” I just... wow. I don't even know what else to say other than to fangirl all over the place, because this book was just phenomenally amazing. You have to read this book. Just … read it. There is nothing I can say that will prepare you for these books, other than you just reading them. Wow.

Disclosure: I picked up a copy of this book on a free promotion on Amazon. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: After barely surviving the onslaught of monsters that tried to kill him the day before his fourteenth birthday, Jack Templar leaves his hometown on a quest to rescue his father and discover the truth about his past. Joined by his friends Will and T-Rex, and led by Eva, the mysterious one-handed monster hunter, Jack sets out for the Monster Hunter Academy where he hopes to find answers to his questions. Little does he suspect that the Academy is filled with dangers of its own, many of them more terrifying than anything he’s faced so far.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.