Monday, September 16, 2013

Review: Liquid Fear


Liquid Fear
Liquid Fear by Scott Nicholson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Please note: I read and reviewed this book in December 2011. I cannot recall how I ended up with it; probably a free promotion on Amazon. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis: Ten years ago, a group of students took part in research of a new drug, designed to help people suffering from PTSD. However, in order to see how the drugs helped, first the volunteers needed to have trauma induced. Strangely, they have mostly forgotten the events of that time, and while they were close before, they have mostly drifted apart. But then, suddenly, they start to remember. They’re being called back. The experiment isn’t over …

My Thoughts: The plot in this book is amazingly fast-paced – it starts with a bang and just keeps going, getting weirder and weirder. There is no way to tell what really happens at any given time, since the characters have all had their brains tampered with and their memories messed up. I also got a kick out of Kleingarten – I know I am probably messed up in the brain, but I found him hilarious. He was just so gleefully sociopathic. Definitely a great story, especially for people who enjoy a really messed-up situation. The sequel is Chronic Fear – watch for my review coming up!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.